Thursday, December 2, 2010

Shout Outs for Good Eating

"A friend got some vinegar in his ear, now he suffers from pickled hearing."

In the spirit of this semi off beat food joke I wanted to give a shout out to a couple of food blogs that I have enjoyed reading this week, for one reason or another! If you have the time (and really even if you don't) give these a few minutes of your time:

Polish Classic Cooking - The title may not be the most intriguing, but what isn't touching about a husband and wife cooking team that has been making delicious food together for over 40 years! Really inspiring to all the aspiring chefs out there to keep at it. Try making their Hunter's Stew, hearty food for a rainy day.

Kitchen Hideaway - We all want to have beautiful extravagant kitchens with the latest and greatest appliances at our disposal, so when I find someone cooking great dishes in a place that is less than ideal my respect for them grows Usain Bolt fast. She gets the job done in a kitchen that is 15 square feet! 15 SQUARE FEET! I tip my hat to you mam! Check out her healthy approach to Burgers and Fries.  

The Pink Fork - With its hip name and scheme this blog is not always about food, but that doesn't keep all the posts from being entertaining.  The food quality is top notch too, trust me I used the Bacon Wrapped Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates (they are a true mouthful both saying the name and eating them!) as a special appetizer this week and they were such a hit I am bringing them back next week.  Check them out!

That's all for today, I hope everyone is in good holiday spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment