Nothing is more necessary at a Super Bowl party, besides a working HD TV, then a good cheese dip. Many people get too complicated with their dip game and that is why it fails. All you need is 3 simple ingredients: brick of cheese, can of chili, and a pound of ground(beef that is!). Obviously it is always good to add your own personal touches to these kind of things, so for mine I am throwing in a Cajun Twist.
|McCormick Cajun Spices|
|1.5-2 lbs. of Ground Beef|
|1 8oz. brick of Velveeta Cheese|
|1 can of Chili, I prefer Stagg!|
|1 Bag of Tostitos Scoops|
1. Open the package of beef and lightly season it with the Cajun Seasonings. Cook the Beef over the stove on Med-High Heat until lightly brown, then drain the excess grease from pan. Mix in a fair amount of Cajun Seasonings(as much as you want!) into a 3 oz. cup of water and pour it into the pan. Let it cook into the meat.
2. Cube up the 8 oz. brick of Velveeta and start melting it down in another pot. Make sure to stir the cheese so it doesn't stick tot he bottom(this is a critical!)
3. While the cheese is melting heat up the chili.
4. Once the cheese is done melting add the beef and chili to the mix so you can stir it all in!
5. Enjoy this delicious dip with a sturdy scoop chip, like Tostitos Scoops!
Again this is not a tough recipe to make, and to be honest it probably isn't the healthiest either ;), but wow is it delicious during a big football game. To make it even better you can make this for under $8 and its sure to be a fan favorite!
Cheers! Chef Mike